How We Work with Boeing Employees
With Atkinson Wealth Strategies located here in the Pacific Northwest we have a pulse on the questions and concerns many Boeing Employees have.
With the price of Boeing Stock rising rapidly over the past several years, VLO (Voluntary Layoff) offers, and pension lump sums/buyouts many Boeing Employees are asking the question, can we retire?
Questions that we address during our Financial Planning process:
- Is it possible for us to retire early?
- I already retired, now what should I do?
- Is my current VIP allocation right for my retirement goals?
- Am I eligible for the Boeing VIP+? How much will I receive?
- Does it makes sense for me to covert my After-tax bucket to a Roth IRA based upon my retirement goals?
- I am maxing out my VIP, where else should I save money?
- I am eligible for the pension buyout, should I take it? How will it affect my retirement?
- My pensions does not have a Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA), how do I make sure I have income to hedge the loss of purchasing power?
- Which investments should I draw from?
- What is the best pension option for my family?
- If I’m offered a voluntary layoff (VLO), does it make sense for me?
- What should I do with my VIP when I retire?
- How much income can we expect to generate from our investments?
- I am a Manager, what is the SBP (Supplemental Benefits Plan) and how does it work with my VIP, VIP+ and retirement goals?
- What investment strategy should we implement to make sure we reach all of our needs in retirement?
- I have heard about an IRA, should I roll my VIP into an IRA account or leave it in the plan?
- Should we consolidate our accounts?
- What should we have prepared for leaving Boeing?
- My union recently voted and my benefits have drastically changed, how does this affect my retirement goals?
- I want to retire from Boeing, but I still plan on working a different job with significant less pay. How does this work into my retirement plan?
To answer these we use a three meeting approach which covers the following:
1.) Discovery: Before we get down to crunching numbers, we’ll talk about the things that are most important to you in retirement; family, community, pastimes, church. We’ll ask a lot of questions about what you’re really thinking, feeling, worried about; your experiences with money; and what you’ve accomplished so far. Together we’ll figure out where you are now.
2.) Planning: Based on what we discuss in the Discovery phase, we will assess your personal situation, gauge where you are now relative to your life goals and priorities, and consider what gaps exist. We will weigh the financial implications of each goal we discuss and construct the framework for a plan that supports them.
3.) Solutions: A benefit of holistic planning is that it provides a comprehensive view of all areas of your financial life. During this phase, we will recommend specific solutions to address each of your goals. This is where we implement your customized plan.
Contact us today for a free consultation!
January 1st, 2019