How We Work with Microsoft Employees
With Atkinson Wealth Strategies being located here in the Pacific Northwest just a 15 min drive from the Microsoft Redmond campus, we have pulse on the goals and concerns many Microsoft Employees have.
Typical Questions and Concerns that we answer:
- How can I retire early?
- Is my current 401(k) investment in alignment with my retirement goals?
- How do the employee stock options fit into my Financial Plan?
- How do I know if utilizing the ESPP option I am given is right for me?
- What are tax efficient investments for my ESPPs?
- I am maximizing my 401(k) contributions what is the next step?
- I make too much to contribute to a ROTH IRA, what else should I be doing to get tax advantage investments?
- How do I set up a distribution strategy for retirement?
- What should I be doing with my After-Tax dollars? Microsoft After-Tax Savings Plan?
- How do I make sure I am properly diversified amongst MSFT stock for my financial goals?
- Should I purchase the Microsoft Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)?
- How to I utilize the Microsoft Stock Grant Program?
- What tax mitigation strategies should I use?
- What do you offer for low cost basis stock sale strategies?
- Our my outside investment working together with my Microsoft 401(k)?
- How can I make sure I maintain the lifestyle I am accustomed to?
- How does my old 401(k) fit with my new 401(k)?
To answer these we use a three meeting approach which covers the following:
1.) Discovery: Before we get down to crunching numbers, we’ll talk about the things that are most important to you in retirement; family, community, pastimes, church. We’ll ask a lot of questions about what you’re really thinking, feeling, worried about; your experiences with money; and what you’ve accomplished so far. Together we’ll figure out where you are now.
2.) Planning: Based on what we discuss in the Discovery phase, we will assess your personal situation, gauge where you are now relative to your life goals and priorities, and consider what gaps exist. We will weigh the financial implications of each goal we discuss and construct the framework for a plan that supports them.
3.) Solutions: A benefit of holistic planning is that it provides a comprehensive view of all areas of your financial life. During this phase, we will recommend specific solutions to address each of your goals. This is where we implement your customized plan.
Contact us today for a free consultation!
January 1st, 2019